Automotive Industry New Trends
Manufacturing is moving forward with new trends and automotive industry is taking the lead on these emerging technologies.
- New technology emerging, Collaborative Robotic, Human-robot working together
- Robotic systems require continuous quality improvement and more sophisticated high tech
- New markets for industrial robots will emerge
Therefore, the automotive industry is well known for its intensive use of the industrial robotic systems, the production lines need to be more flexible, efficient and precise, many enhancements have been made on the production lines to help the workers in their daily tasks.
Five automotive robot applications
Industrial robots are in everywhere, see the five most common applications in Automotive Industry:
- Painting Robot: a vehicle’s paint needs to be evenly applied across a large area. The accuracy and consistency of industrial robots is a main feature for painting process.
- Robot welding systems: every automobile requires a high number of welds. Industrial Robots can perform this task, and the savings can be of great value.
- Assembly robots: for windshield installation or wheel mounting, industrial robots provide unprecedent performance with this application.
- Robotic material removal: for cutting and trimming of plastics, die castings or polishing moulds, the repeatability of robots is a significant advantage for improving quality in material removal.
- Milling robots: automotive robots feature provides a high levels of uptime for greater efficiency
Reasons for Robotic Automation
- The robotic system can dramatically improve your product quality with high precision and repeatability.
- Robotic automation can also increase the production levels. Robots can work at the constant speed without taking the breaks or vacations.
- The industrial robot system increase the workplace safety, the workers are moved to the supervisory roles where they do not have to perform dangerous applications in the hazardous settings.
- The industrial robots reduce costs (healthcare and the insurance savings).
- The staff works alongside the robots in handling and assembly the applications in the automotive industry, and the robots are performing the monotonous and sometimes dangerous tasks that the humans do not enjoy.
Phoenix combine automation, industrial control systems, and manufacturing technologies along with 20 years of industry experience to provide the automotive industry with the best automation solutions. Also, our complete range custom systems allow us to quickly fulfil your automation requirements.
For instance, some of our clients in the automotive sector are Jaguar, Peugeot, Toyota, Ford, Daimler. In addition, to learn how we can help you implement robotics in automotive manufacturing, contact us today