Robotic Integrator in the Manufacturing Industry
The Robotic Integrators’ role in the manufacturing process is essential for improving operational efficiencies and increasing cost savings. The pandemic has accelerated automation adoption and the robot industry’s pushed toward sectors beyond the automotive industry. Technological advances, such as sensing, smart factories, and AI are lowering the barriers and making robotics a solution for manufacturers.
IFR Robotic Industry Report
The World Robotics 2021 IFR Industrial Robots outlook says: The “boom after the crisis” is expected to fade slightly in 2022 on a global scale. From 2021 to 2024, average annual growth rates in the medium single-digit range are expected. Minor contractions may occur as a statistical effect, and ‘catch-up’ occurs in 2022 or 2023. If this anomaly takes place, it will not break the overall growth trend. The notable mark of 500,000 units installed per year worldwide is expected to be reached in 2024.
The IFR Industrial Robots report shows a record of 3 million industrial robots operating in factories around the world – an increase of 10%. Sales of new robots grew slightly at 0.5% despite the global pandemic, with 384,000 units shipped globally in 2020.
Mobile robots are taking over warehouses and especially e-commerce because of the pandemic lockdown. Manufacturers are continually adapting to these changes and even though car manufacturers are taking the lead we clearly see that other sectors are following them.
“Global robot installations are expected to rebound strongly and grow by 13% to 435,000 units in 2021, thus exceeding the record level achieved in 2018,” reports Milton Guerry. “Installations in North America are expected to increase by 17% to almost 43,000 units. Installations in Europe are expected to grow by 8% to almost 73,000 units. Robot installations in Asia are expected to exceed the 300,000-unit mark and add 15% to the previous year’s result. Almost all Southeast Asian markets are expected to grow by double-digit rates in 2021.”
When we think about Robot Automation Systems will agree when we say:
“There has been a significant development in manufacturing due to the continued improvement of Industrial Robots and higher demand for intelligent products in manufacturing.”
The answer is, Yes. As a result, manufacturers are dramatically increasing cost savings and improving operational efficiencies by incorporating Robot Automation systems into their factories. In turn, can free workers from dirty or dangerous tasks.
Over the past 30 years, Industrial Automation has been reducing 100% of Manufacturing Expenses into Cost Savings. Also, mid-size and smaller companies are benefiting from robot automation for the first time, and larger companies can improve their existing products.
In today’s article, we are going to answer three critical questions when starting with robotic automation.
- The crucial elements that are involved in Robotic Automation and its integration?
- Why is it beneficial to choose a Top Robotic Integrator?
- Understanding of Industrial Control Systems in Robotic Automated task?
We will answers in more detail these questions.
1. Crucial Elements for Robotic Systems
Industrial Robot Arms need to be integrated with other machines or equipment to perform the task on the factory floor. For example:
- Robotic Welding Integration requires a welding gun or any other end of arm tooling
- Robot Palletising (Material Handling Operation) requires a gripper at the end of the robot arm.
Therefore, robotic Integration companies provide input through the entire project lifecycle. Likewise, manufacturing in collaboration with the broader team focuses on business solutions.
2. Why is it beneficial to choose a Top Robot Integrator?
It can be challenging to decide which robotic integration company and which robotic system to choose. Our suggestion is to search for a robotic integrator that understands your specific needs with real case studies.
A vital necessity when communicating with your potential integration company is whether they respond quickly to your queries. In other words, do they contact you promptly after you have contacted them?
A right robot integrator works with any robot manufacturer, and will likely be a [ KUKA robotic integrator, an ABB robot integrator, or a FANUC robotic integrator ]. Let’s see what the integrator can do for you.
Robotic Cell Design and Planning
Planning is vital to understand the customer’s needs and to know what kind of technology will fulfil all requirements. However, there are many components to consider depending on which equipment can fit into the manufacturing floor plan. Most importantly, the automation system provides a complete integration solution or control specific pipeline processes.
Let’s have a look at two slightly different Robotic Automation Systems
In picture 1.1, an Example of Basic Robot Automation systems may vary depending on the robot application and task to perform.
Figure 1.1 Basic Robot Palletising System.
In picture 1.2, an Example of Robot Cell Design Integrated Structure with an Industrial Control Panel. Example of Robot Palletising Cell.
Basic robot equipment installation Industrial robot:
Figure 1.2 Robot Cell Design Integrated Structure with Industrial Control Panel.
3. Industrial Control System Role in Automation
We will provide a summary and description of the primary functions of the control systems such as the electrical control panels in automation.
Electrical Control Panels, PLC Programming, and HMI Components
- A control panel for robotics consists of control or power sources such as circuits, sensors, actuators
- These panels act as a user interface to control the robots and collect data for continuous improvement
- The control panel design begins with preparing the schematics to meet regulation and safety requirements.
- A robot operator can monitor and control the industrial robot arm using
- Connect the Human Machine Interface (HMI) panels to the PLC, if required
- The schematics of the electrical control panels are according to the needs of the customers.
- The HMI uses special software that enables engineers to program controls and monitor the complete operations, such as valve states, pressure, and temperatures.
- Custom design of the layout of the monitor and push buttons based on company needs.
- The programmer must link each indicator and button to specific output or input in the PLC.
- The HMI and PLC need to be compatible, meaning that they need to talk to each other. For instance, they do this by using a protocol such as Modbus, Ethernet/IP, or Profibus. These are industrial Networks, and the Protocol will connect the PLC, HMI, Industrial robots, and other machines.
- Once the PLC and HMI are connected, it will be possible to monitor and control any PLC functions. In other words, they work together to monitor and control the robotic systems.
What does SCADA mean and why is it important?
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems are the larger systems to control industrial processes, though SCADA and PLC systems are scalable down to small operations with few control loops. In conclusion, the SCADA system controls can perform all kinds of industrial automation processes thoroughly.
Some example of industries that are implementing large control systems is water treatment plant, chemical processing, power generation, oil and gas processing, and telecommunications.
Robotic Companies in the UK
Most robot integration companies in the UK understand the importance of Control Systems in robot operations. Most importantly, they will ensure that outsourcing companies will comply with company requirements.
Besides, reliable UK Robot Automation companies will suggest the best options on the market in terms of reliability and quality of the products. So, they will provide the best layout or robot design in the floor plant.
In today’s world, manufacturers are always looking for new technologies to take their production to the next level. That is to say; robotic manufacturing is an emerging sector and there are many reasons to incorporate robots into your production process.
It is evident by this post; there are many things to consider while implementing robots into a manufacturing pipeline. For example, when is the right time to install a robot, cost savings, Robot ROI, and Robot Integrators skills just to mention a few.
The right robotic integrator must fulfil all these elements essential for the success of a robot integration project.
Industrial robot costs have reduced drastically in recent years. Hence, this helps encourage small and medium-sized businesses to consider this technology and prepare their employees to become experts in Robot Automation Systems. See our case studies.
The best part? You can be one of them. Contact the automation experts!
Robotics Safety Systems – According Robotic Industries Association (RIA) report, there are about 5,000 injuries every year from welding work.
The pandemic has accelerated automation adoption and the robot industry push towards sectors beyond the automotive industry.
Robot automation companies in the UK are helping manufacturers to keep one step ahead of their competitors.