JLR HALEWOOD FRONT AXLE SLAVE TOOLING ROBOT CELLSEnd User Jaguar Land Rover Project Engine Platen Tooling Storage & Retrieval Sales Value £ 800,000 Control Media: Rockwell GuardLogix Standards: JLR DCP Networks Ethernet: IP Project Duration: September 2017 – December 2018
Robotic CustomerJaguar Land Rover Limited is a British multinational automotive company with its headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, United Kingdom, and a subsidiary of Indian automotive company Tata Motors. The principal activity of Jaguar Land Rover Limited is the design, development, manufacture and sale of vehicles bearing the Jaguar and Land Rover marques. Both marques have long and complex histories and are manufactured in the UK, Europe and Asia. There are multiple manufacturing sites in the UK with this project being at the Halewood plant on Merseyside, which was formerly a Ford plant.
RequirementsTo supply a turnkey electrical and software solution (project management, design, supply, install, program and commission) for the Integration of the Robots and conveyors within their environment including the following:
- Project Management
- Electrical Design
- PLC Software Design
- Electrical & Functional Commissioning
- A2 Control Panel with Plug & Sockets
- Point I/O and Safety I/O Allocation
- Operator Push-button Station
- Cable Installation Materials
- Installation Labour & Supervision
- Standby and Training
- Robot automatic and recovery cycles.
- Cell HMI functionality using the JLR standard CMU.
- Tool store map definition, HMI and management.
- Tool selection and interchange criteria and sequencing.
- RFID readers interface and integration.
- Gripper part detection scenarios and operations.
- Gripper barcode reader interface and sequencing.
- Platen conveyor motor control and sequencing.
- Safety device interfacing and annunciation.
- MES interface.
- End user training.
The control system was delivered as a turnkey solution with full project documentation and fully compliant to JLR project book requirements and using DCP programming protocols. Rockwell 1734 series PLC I/O hardware on Ethernet was supplied throughout.We undertook the contract knowing we could meet the demanding specifications and timescales of the customer. The design, procurement of parts and build of the Control Panels and Desks took place concurrently. The installation started prior to the arrival of Control Panel, Control Desks and other elements on site and we coordinated the commissioning activities of all parties. The facility was completed on schedule and within the client’s budget with trials and full production taking place within the timescale agreed at project kick off. Download the complete case study Plastic Painting Robot System Check out Control Panel Manufacturer Key Elements
|PHOENIX CONTROL SYSTEMS LIMITED 7D Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RR Tel: +44 (0)1235 823120 Fax: +44 (0)1235 861502 Registered in the UK. Company Number 05650790 Registered Office: 7D Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RR|