Robotic Handling Systems
Summary: The client is a company based in New Mills providing the service to a large range of companies since 1970. They were searching for an economical solution to manipulate the induction heat treatment head around a complicated shaped part and for this reason opted for a used industrial robot Kuka robot KRC1 KR200
Customer: The company is a specialist induction heat treatment facility
Skill: Precision Heat Treatment for Precision Engineers
The scope consisted of:
- KR200 Robot
- KRC1 Controller with Windows 95 and KSS 4.4.14
- Clients own tooling
- Phoenix Controls Electrical Panel
- Supervision of the Mechanical Installation of the robot
- Supervision of the Robot Electrical Installation
- Robot Commissioning
Robot Systems installation: Phoenix carried out the initial industrial electrical design studies for the cell control panel and the commissioning of the robotic material handling itself.
Industrial Control Panel: The cell control panel contains all the circuit breakers, safety relays and safety circuits along with the associated wiring.
Installation and Commissioning:
- The electrical connection of the cell control panel (put in place and connection of the cables from the control panel to the robot).
- The commissioning of the robot (mastering and testing).
- The configuration and testing of the SPS.SUB for automatic operation with the cell control push buttons.
- Ongoing customer support following the commissioning.