Trimming Robots Case Study
Trimming Robots Summary: The client Air Design is a Mexican company who design, develop and produce original accessory parts and vehicle personalization solutions. It is an economical trimming solution and a Kuka used Industrial robot to carry out one of the robot applications. Phoenix Control supplied the end of arm tooling and its components.
Customer: Air Design, S.A. De C.V.
Skill: With its origins in the UK manufacture of printed circuit boards for more than forty years
Robot Trimming Cell Consists of:
- KR210 Kuka Robot
- KRC2 Edition 5 Controller with Windows XP and KSS 5.4.14
- Spindle and Inverter
- Parts presentation turntable (Client)
- Spindle supplied our provider
- Invertek Inverter supplied by our provider
- Industrial Electrical Control Panel
- Offline programming using KUKA| prc (Client supply)
Industrial Electrical Installation for robot trimming:
The robot was commissioned in the UK with its spindle and inverter before being shipped to Mexico for installation and the mechanical part of the install (Robot, Cell and Turntable) was supervised prior to our arrival on site.
The electrical install was undertaken by the client’s personnel under our supervision and Phoenix provided the electrical and software expertise.
Commissioning, Programming and Robot Training:
- The industrial electrical cabling of the spindle
- The commissioning of the robot (mastering, floor defined working base data, and spindle tool definition).
- The programming of the turntable sequences.
- The configuration and testing of the SPS.SUB for automatic operation with the cell control push buttons and manual control of the turntable along with its diagnostics.
- The offline programming of a trial piece for each robot and the turntable (in conjunction with KUKAprc)
- Basic robot programming and cell operation robot training
- Ongoing customer support following the commissioning.
See more Robotic Case Studies