How much do Industrial Robots Cost?
This is basic guidance to know How much do Industrial Robots Cost? and when the investment payback?
Formulas to calculate Robotic System ROI
On the calculation formulas, we intend to provide an example to give an idea of the robotic investment vs when the robot will pay back. Therefore, these numbers vary according to equipment required, commissioning & robot installation or current costs.
- Yearly Cost = 1 (employee) * 2 (shift) * 60,000 (salary & benefits) + 9,000 (downtime) + 10,000 (scrap) = 130,000
- Potential Investment = Industrial Robot Cost + EOAT + Turntable + Control Panel + Robot Training + Programming + Commissioning & project management + Cell Guarding + All equipment (if needed) = 65,000
- Yearly Cost = 0.5 (employee) * 2 (shift) * 60,000 (salary) + 1,000 (downtime) + 2,000 (scrap) = 63,000
- Savings= Yearly Cost (80,000) – Potential Costs + Production Improvements (63,000) = 67,000
- ROI = Robot Investment (65,000) / Savings amount (67,000) = Payback [years] = 0.97 years
Our robot calculator tool can help you to have an idea of all the costs involved
It is not an easy task because every project is unique and it is based on the company’s needs
Current Robot Cost
Robots are predictable and produce high-quality work. They offer peace of mind to the business’s owner. But, there are concerns about robot cost and the question that always people ask is How much do Industrial Robots cost?
First, you need to know the current labour costs related to manual tasks. At this stage, the company must have a clear understanding of the robotic system scope they want to carry out by the robots.
The current costs are:
- Number of employees per shift
- Number of shifts per day
- Employee(s) yearly cost
- Downtime costs
- Scrap Parts Costs
Robotic System Investment
Second, it’s time to get at least three quotations from a robot integration company. Also, the scope document must be handled by the integrator to ensure the quotation is accurate and it is exactly what the company requires.
The investment of the robotic system cell must comply with safety elements, and it includes any additional equipment required for the robot application. As an integrator, we recommend investing in good quality components and equipment because they are more reliable.
How to start on Robotic Automation?
Basic robot systems usually do not include advanced technology, for example, vision systems or complex or multiple control panels. However, if the company require these or other automated equipment must consult with a robot integrator.
- Industrial Robot – New industrial arm or refurbished robots. Depend on the company budget. A reconditioned robot is very reliable, and they can last up to 20 years with a good maintenance routine.
- Integrated turntable
- End of arm tooling (gripper, spindles, etc)
- Robot Control Panel (electrical design, control panel build and testing)
- Mechanical installation
- Trajectory robot programming, if needed
- Robot training, if needed
- Integration and commissioning costs Cost
- Cell guarding (including safety devices)
It is not necessary to remove the staffs that do the manual operation. The robot performs repetitive tasks and the employees can learn new robotic skills as follows:
- Operate the industrial robot arm.
- Programming the robot
- Employees can concentrate on other value-added tasks like quality control.
- Maintenance of the robot
Most of the time, the employees are afraid to lose their jobs, but soon they realise the advantages of robotics. Therefore, our suggestion is to encourage the staffs to keep learning new skills because it opens opportunities for more quality jobs.
When Robot Investment Payback?
Finally, to know when the investment payback, do simple math, for example, divide the investment by the savings. Usually, the return on investment is within a year (results * 12 months/years), it means after this period, the robot investment will be a profit to the company.
It is all about the calculation of the return on investment for a single robot cell. If you’re concern about how to make the best use of robots, you may want to consult with an integrator— an integration company that understands how to maximise robot performance, capable of designing the robot cell and selecting the right equipment to optimises the robot tasks.
Now, if you follow the robot calculation correctly, the ROI should be predictable. However, if you want to know more details of the ROI analysis, try our robot calculator. This useful is helping the manufacturer to analyse all parameters.
Therefore, remember that those who hesitate could fall behind their competitors.
Advantages of Robotic Systems
One operator can supervise from 2 to 3 industrial robots depends on tasks of the operator. Besides, the employee salary and a number of shifts may remain the same.
- Better quality product
- Improve delivery time
- Reduce Scraps
- Cost Savings
- Happy customers, employees and employer
Now, is the time to invest in industrial robot because the price had declined in the last years. Additionally, reconditioned robots have become very popular for those companies with a limited budget.
Phoenix offers turnkey industrial Robot automation solutions to our customers. Our vision is full customer satisfaction because we believe in long term relationship, it means we provide customer support during the sale process, during the commissioning and after the sale.
robotic turnkey solutions at affordable price
Phoenix provides robotic turnkey solutions to our customers. We had installed and built a robot cell globally for any types of robotic applications. For example, welding robots, milling robots, painting robots, assembly robots just to mention some of them. Also, we help customers reduce their costs by providing support from the start of the automation and after the commissioning period.